Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ode to the Little Things


There are lots of clever quotes noting the importance of the small things. And never is it more true than when I spot some brilliant, unexpected, colorful spot of lovely like a dainty flower or a vibrant glass accent. I think it's the intricacy - the tiny scale on which the details are crafted by man or nature - that make those beautiful small things so special. They have a huge impact on a large space: a single flower in a giant field; a little blue glass bottle in a large pane window. So I went on a hunt for the small things in Finders Keepers Furnishings, and I was not disappointed! The only problem: I wasn't suppose to buy anything today...


I'm evidently still really into corner cabinets... there are several in the store right now that are quite tempting!

Funky artwork is always a great conversation piece. I don't usually go for the word-stuff, but the metallic look totally caught my eye.

The striped vase is adorable! Even peeking out from behind the pictures and dried grass it still makes itself known.

I couldn't give a nod to the little things without showcasing the great jewelry collection that we have.

When I work at Boutique I tell customers about the jewelry selection at our Furniture store and often times they tell me that they've never noticed jewelry there. It's one of my favorite parts!






Watering cans, baskets, and candles are some of my favorite accents of the moment. And the detailing on the desk top is really cute too.

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I want to turn the bedroom in our new house into a spa-like zen place = candles + rocks + plants

No comments:

Post a Comment