Monday, June 7, 2010

black and white and pink all over

What's black and white and "red" all over? That joke always confused me when I was little, mostly because I immediately ran to the Sunday paper on my parents' kitchen table and scanned each page for any red writing to no avail. Of course until I saw the pledge of allegiance written out in my 9th grade history text book I also thought "for which it stands" was all one word: forwitchitstanz... some magical, patriotic, secret password. I hope you'll keep that little admission between us, but I digress.

My mother says that it's all about perception - "your perception is your reality," she says. To my eight-year old self, when I heard "black and white and red all over" I envisioned thousands of smart words leaping in red and black print from an omniscient, white paper. But that perceived reality impacts every facet of our lives. In Boutique we always ask a customer: "how do you feel in it?" - How does it make you perceive your reality?

Boutique Girl: Carter (styled by Ivana)
On Carter
Skirt: Karen Kane $26
Top: BCBG $11
Jacket: Lux $24
Wedges: Antonio Melani $43
Handbag: Gucci $475
Necklace: $26

1 comment: