Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

Summer days *are* lazy, at least easier to convince myself to be lazy. I think that's because it's so incredibly, unbelievably hot. When I take my dogs outside sometimes I just sit in the grass and watch them loll around. They don't last long either. One will stretch out in the tall grass and the other will seek refuge in the shade of the young pine trees that grow along the short hill side. What might this have to do with furniture? Well, when I was in the furniture store this week my eye was drawn over and over to all these supremely comfy-looking pieces of furniture. I tried each of them out, rating which one inspired the most long-lasting laziness. While there were several nice candidates to choose from, there was definitely a clear winner. Here are a few of my favorites, and I've saved the best (in my opinion) for last!

This lovely Armani couch matches the Armani chair in a previous post.


This deliciously chocolate-brown recliner was a close second. My husband probably would've chosen this as the winner because he's a huge fan of structure and straight lines.

And then, there's me, a proprietor of all things unstructured! This chair feels like sitting on a cloud. I had to resist the urge to curl up like a cat and take a nap. Oh if only we didn't have to buy a new washing machine, you would be coming home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment